AoE Full Map Capture
A downloadable tool for Windows
CURRENT VERSION: 0.1b
This full map capture utility will let anyone capture the entire map, in-game, just as you see it. This is of course a free utility, but I am accepting donations of any amount to help me out as this project was very time intensive for me.
This is still in BETA. It may be rough at times, especially with larger map sizes. Currently only 64bit machines are supported. Resolutions less than 1080p are untested and may not work.
HOW TO USE:
After downloading the app, put it in its own folder somewhere. When running it you will likely get a windows signature authentication warning (sorry I cant afford a certificate). Ignore it and run anyway.
Once the app is open and running with AOE2HD running in the background. You will want to make sure you are in game (ie can see a minimap). All you have to do is input the current map size and a output folder destination and hit CAPTURE.
If you wish to cancel a capture just hit ABORT. If there is a stitching error you may be able to salvage the individual screenshots from the TEMP folder. A TEMP folder will exist in the same path as the executable. So be sure to put the exe where there will be no other folders called TEMP. Preferably in its own folder.
1. Turn off animated water. This can be done from the game settings.
2. Make sure your map is fully revealed. You can use replays to get a full reveal.
3. Chat/notification messages, player scores, unit info text etc. will be baked into the image. Make sure there is no such text when initiating a capture.
4. During the capture phase the app will automatically reposition the view until the entire map is observed. Don't touch or click the mouse during this operation.
5. If you run the game at higher resolutions, you may find turning your resolution down before capturing will help with performance and memory consumption.
BUG REPORTING (BETA):
If you run into problems or things aren't working the way you would expect. Please post in the forums about it. Include your system resolution w/ zoom if any, OS, and the map size you attempted (if relevant). Sorry this bug reporting system is the best I can do for now.
I will be updating until all the reported bugs are fixed. So keep checking back for a new updated version.
Click download now to get access to the following files: